Dramatic improvements in student performance. System-wide education reform reaching thousands of classrooms. Groundbreaking development of Student Learning Objectives (SLOs) that revolutionized how schools measure academic progress. Broad-based neighborhood revitalization that has become a national model. Driving and supporting educational innovation.
CTAC is a national, minority-controlled, nonprofit organization with a demonstrated record of success driving and supporting educational innovation and community development. Working at local, state, and national levels, we achieve significant, long-term improvements in areas such as student achievement, teacher effectiveness, and organizational capacity. Our priority is addressing the root causes of poverty in low-income communities and communities of color.
CTAC works collaboratively with school leaders, teachers, parents, and community organizations to build their capacity for educational innovation to achieve sustainable, high-impact change. We work with our partners to:
- Analyze challenges to identify their root causes and evaluate the effectiveness of improvement strategies.
- Develop creative solutions to address problems in new, more effective ways.
- Strengthen implementation of organizational and management solutions by providing intensive, on-site assistance to our partners.
- Demonstrate results by conducting research and program evaluation.
- Sustain the impact of initiatives through advanced capacity building and improvement science.
Our national reach and experience makes it possible to provide responsive, ongoing support to school systems, community-based organizations, coalitions, government agencies, and philanthropic institutions across the country.